This is another editor I have been working on. It was given it the working title “G2 editor FMX”. FMX stands for the “Firemonkey” framework of the new Delphi compilers which is a vector based graphics framework. These compilers can target multiple operatiing systems.
Source code can be foud on github: BVerhue/nord_g2_editor
This editor might be useable on a touch screen monitor or mobile device. Might be, because I haven’t been able to really test it yet on a touch screen.
The back end of this editor, which handles the communication with the G2 hardware is the same as the previous editor, but I’ve redesigned the graphical user interface and also I’ve adapted the source code so it compiles for all the supported target platforms of Delphi Xe5: Windows 32/64, Osx, iOS and Android. So it will compile, but on iOS I’ve not been able to activate the USB connection.
I’ve tested it on a couple different computers and operating systems:
- Windows XP : works, but graphics are not great
- Windows 7 : works, graphics a bit better not as good as Windows 8
- Windows 8/81 : works, graphics are good
- OSX Snow leopard : works, graphcs are good, but a bit slower than Windows
- Android : I will make a special application for Android
- iOS : No USB connection possible
You can download the latest version here. If you want to try out the editor, please read the help file first. Although the part about the user interface is now a bit outdated, it is still usefull for installation. I’m going to update it of course…
|g2_editor_fmx_win_v0.4||Windows version||0.4 (Beta)||30-May-2014||Delphi XE5|
|g2_editor_FMX_OSX_0.4||OSX version||0.4 (Beta)||30-May-2014||Delphi XE5|
|Help file||Help file for the g2_editor_fmx||0.3||1-Feb-2014||Outdated 🙁|
Version 0.4 fix (30-May-2014)
- Small up down buttons where switched on the knobs
- External clock didn’t show on in editor, now the background turns red when “Ignore external clock” is False and externally received BPM is shown
- Fixed an exception error at destruction of parameter objects when switching patches
Version 0.4 (29-May-2014)
- Solved bugs with connection to G2 VST in Windows
- Implemented USB send message thread for better control of USB message flow, mainly for Android
- Worked around a tab key order bug in the TTabControl
- Replaced the external files “ModuleDef_v3.xml”, “ParamDef_v3.xml”, ModilePanelDefs.txt with internal data
- Made loading of “Symbols.svg” optional
- Added another optional external file “g2EditorColorScheme.xml” for modification of part of the color scheme
- Replaced the “Tree view” patch browser with a list box and directory buttons, because the tree view is buggy and slow
- Replaced the old event handling system with the subject-observer method to seperate ui from backend
- Replaced the led and VU-meter handling system to seperate ui from backend
- Added “Auto assign midi” functionality in “App settings” frame and “Knobs” frame (enter midi CC value in edit boxes in the knobs frame)
- Solved bug with momentary buttons on modules
- Made the note sequencer slider bigger
- Solved bugs in the Pianoroll when shifting notes
- Changed some of the short cut keys – Shift + Arrows to move the cursor, Shift + Enter to add a module
- When moving the cursor with the keys, the viewport will move if necessary
- Changed the gui interface of the main window to make more room for the patch
- Replaced tabs with subforms for knobs, banks, patch settings, synth settings and application settings
Problems solved in v0.35 (2-Feb-2014)
- Solved a bug, which became apparent after switching to the clavia editor “Version corrupted, Ctrl assignment problem”, the reason was that I allowed some actions, specifically assigning morphs/controlers/knobs to parameters that the clavia software does not allow. For example assigning a controler to patch parameter “Volume level”. So now I’ve disabled these functions for a number of parameters/settings: Volume level, Clock tempo, Clock run, Voice count, Voice mode (the last four aren’t really patch parameters anyway).
- Solved a bug which caused an access violation when changing the morph value of a parameter with key Ctrl + Up arrow, or Crl + Down arrow
- Added the functionality Ctrl + Mouseclick for setting morph range
Problems solved in v0.3 (1-Feb-2014)
- Cleaner and faster termination of the USB connection on closing of the application.
- Changed the location of the ini file “g2editorfmx.xml”. On windows this will be in the application folder, on Osx this will be in the documents folder. If you experience problems on startup you can try to delete this file. Also if you install version v0.3 and you had installed v0.2 earlier, you should delete this file, because I changed something in the file layout.
- Added functionality “Auto assign midi to knobs”. You can enable this in the application settings. You can assign CC numbers to knobs in the “Knobs frame” (parameter pages). If “Auto assign midi” is enabled, these CC’s will be automatically assigned to the parameter associated with the knob on patch load.
- Changed the patch file browsing tree. Sub directories are only read if you expand a directory in the tree. This will make the application load faster and also prevent the application reading too much directories at once.
- A number of small bugs.
- Updated help file.
Problems solved in v0.2 (12-Jan-2014)
- Osc didn’t show zero Herz correctly in partial mode
- Changed border for selected modules to dark gray in stead of white, to make them stand out better
- Spaced modules out a few pixels in the patch window also to make the selected ones stand out better
- “Init variation” function wasn’t implemented correctly, also added a button “Copy to init” on the Param tab.
- Added “Select all VA” en “Select all FX” on Module tab.
- Implemented the “Paste params” function (Ctrl+E), also added a “Paste params” button on the Module tab.
- Implemeted function “Change morph labels”: select Morph in Knobs frame, select a slider, on the Params tab you can edit the label.
- Added a knob Default value on Params tab.
- Corrected an error on renaming performances
- Icons of the level shift controls on LFO’s didn’t match the selected value, corrected that.
- Sustain pedal morph button has three modes “Sust pd”, “G Wh 1” and “knob”, I had only put in two, corrected that.
- Corrected an error in the Delete buttons of the Add Cable popup frame.
- A number of small bugs.