To try out the SVG package you can download the demo zip files, you can find these on the download page.
The demo has the following limitations : it contains only compiled sources for Win32 and the produced SVG images will have a watermark, for the rest it is fully functional.
If you are using Delphi version XE2 to XE6 you need file SVGDemoXE2_XE6_220.zip, if your are using Delphi version XE7 to DX2 Tokyo, you need file SVGDemoXE7_DX2_220.zip.
If you are using C++ builder you need to download the corresponding CPP zip as well.
After unzipping you will find a “Bpl” and a “Dcu” folder. The files in de “Bpl” folder contain the package libraries and the “Dcu” directory contain the compiled units.
It is probably best, especially for Win7, to copy the bpl files to the Delphi bpl folder that the library path “Package output directory” points to, because there are dependencies between the packages and windows needs to be able to find the referenced module “DclSVG2DemoPackageCommon”.
The “package output directory” is $(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Bpl by default, so copy the bpl files over there.
Next, if you have an earlier version of the packages installed you have to remove these first. In Delphi:
- Go to menu “Component->Install packages…”
- Deselect the previous version packages and remove them.
- Then restart Delphi.
Next you have to add the “Bpl” files:
- Again, go to menu “Component->Install package…”
- Locate and add the three files of your Delphi version from the “Bpl” folder.
- Check that a “SVG2” group was added to the “Tool palette”
Next, add the path to the “Dcu” folder to your library path:
- In Delphi select menu “Tools->Options…”.
- From the “Options” dialog in the left panel select “Environment Options->Delphi Options->Library”.
- On the right top in “Selected Platform” select “32-bit Windows”
- Finally add the “Dcu” folder to the “Library path”
Now you should be good to go:
- Create a new VCL Forms Application
- Add the TSVG2Image2 from the “Tool Palette” “SVG2” group
- Select an SVG graphic in the “Filename” property of the SVG2Image1 object
- Run the application.